Powermatic Free Swing controlled, concealed door closer
The Powermatic Free Swing door closer is offers the performance and benefits of the original Powermatic controlled, concealed door closer with the added feature of free swing door closer capabilities.
Connected to the building’s 24-volt fire alarm system, the Powermatic Free Swing door closer can function in the same way as Powermatic or can allow a door to be operated manually and left open as desired once the mechanism has been primed by opening the door to its maximum. When the fire alarm is activated, or there is a power failure, Powermatic Free Swing becomes active and the door is closed automatically at a controlled rate.
Free swing functionality delivers a number of benefits in convenience and safety for a variety of situations where manual door operation is desired, such as care homes, sheltered accommodation, health, hotel and educational projects.
Fire and Safety
- CE Marked
- Successfully type tested to BS EN 1154: 1997 power size 3
- BS EN 1634-1 approved for use on one hour and half-hour fire doors
- Successfully type-tested to BS EN 1155: 1997
- BS 476 tested for one-hour and half-hour fire doors
- Certifire approved
- Free swing door closers are recommended by the ‘Fire safety risk assessment: residential care premises’
- Ultra efficient (exceeds threshold of 55% efficiency)
- Contributes towards achievement of BS 8300: 2009 and regional Building Regulations (Approved Document M (ADM) in England and Wales, Section 4 in Scotland and Part R in Northern Ireland. These regulations apply to the entire doorset in-situ and, therefore, no door closer can claim compliance on its own.)
Performance and quality
- Factory production control to BS EN ISO 9001: 2015
- Suitable for doors up to 80kg in weight and 950mm wide (BS EN 1154 size 3 test door 60kg)
- Suitable for latched and unlatched installations
- Can be used with electronically powered hold-open devices
- Adjustable closing speed and power latching action
- Endurance tested to 500,000 cycles
- Unique twin power mechanism
- 10-year guarantee
- Protected by worldwide patents
- On-site technical advice
Fire test and product information can be obtained from the downloads section on the right hand side of this page.